Friday

"Petal"...my bartender


Petal has been my "bartender" this weekend in Anguilla. Bartender is in "qoutes" because I'm not exactly getting shnickered here or anything, but I have been spending alot of time at the bar because it has internet access. I'm sitting here right now posting to my blog actually. Go me...it's my birthday. So Petal and I have been having long conversations about how much Anguilla has changed due to tourism, and the positive and negative affects of it. It's been very iteresting. Anguillians speak mainly engilsh so communication isn't a problem at all. However, it's been so much fun listening to Petal, the other bartenders, and other resort employees talk to each other. They speak to tourists in perfect english, but when they speak to each other, you can barely understand them, if you can understand them at all. They're speaking english, but they have their own dialect. It's been a running joke at the bar that I have been eve's dropping on them because they know I'm interested in their culture. Good times. So here's a shot of Petal and I taken by some guy in the bar that I grabbed and put to work. This may be the last time I post in Anguilla, I have to meet Cheryl and Morgan for their portrait session before the ceremony (yes...before) and from then on it will be a flurry of photography. HEY!....that could be a cool slogan for my business...."Brad Walters Photography....A Flurry of Photography". Yeeeeaaaah......perhaps not. Stay tuned for highlights of Cheryl and Morgan's wedding on the island of Anguilla.


Anguilla Wedding Photography by Brad Walters Photography

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home